Welcome

Welcome to my 'Evert Listens to Dylan'-blog.
In this blog I describe my listening experiences to 'Bob Dylan - The Complete Album Collection, Vol. 1'.
(I love that 'Vol. 1' - as if Vol. 2 with another 50 or so CDs is to appear soon).
If you want to know why, read the very first blog entry of this blog.
Comments welcome!
And may I invite you to check my other blog, 'Everts World of Music'?

zaterdag 20 januari 2018

14. Planet Waves

Different. Very different.

I know it's The Band playing.
I know it's all Dylan songs.

It's an album I can listen to again and again. 'Forever Young' - the wish we would speak to any child. The out-of-tune guitar at 'Dirge' - and again: who cares?

The great images and sentences. "Twilight on a frozen lake" - yes, I immediately know what that is about. For me, that is.

We'll see what happens over time. For me, it seems to be somewhat comparable to 'New Morning' - a pleasure to listen to.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten