Welcome

Welcome to my 'Evert Listens to Dylan'-blog.
In this blog I describe my listening experiences to 'Bob Dylan - The Complete Album Collection, Vol. 1'.
(I love that 'Vol. 1' - as if Vol. 2 with another 50 or so CDs is to appear soon).
If you want to know why, read the very first blog entry of this blog.
Comments welcome!
And may I invite you to check my other blog, 'Everts World of Music'?

zaterdag 20 januari 2018

13. Dylan

I've been listening occasionally to this one. Hard to write about it. I notice myself occasionally humming 'Saroh Jane' and wondering why he pronounces it not as 'Sarah Jane'. I kind of like the folksy atmosphere of such songs as 'The Ballad of Ira Hayes' (the 'come all ye...'-feeling) and 'Mary Ann'.

I love the background choirs - they seem to refer, to me, to the upcoming religious period I am looking forward so much to listen to.

I am glad he has found back his 'normal' abnormal voice - but not on 'A Fool Such As I'; which I do not really get into contact with. And the final song, 'The Spanish Tongue', still feels outright ridiculous to me - which then again leads to admiration for the guy who includes it in his repertoire, regardless.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten